SUPPORT & LEARNING FOR YOUNG PARENTS
A flexible, peer-led approach
We know that being a young parent can be a challenge at times, but you’re not alone! It’s great to get together with other young parents in an informal learning environment so that you can share experiences and learn new skills.
Our well-equipped training centre has on-site childcare, so as you learn with us you know that your little one(s) are safe and well looked after close-by.
We offer a range of learning opportunities, we’re flexible and relaxed in our style and if you’re a parent under the age of 20 you can access free childcare while you learn thanks to Care to Learn funding. We can help you to apply for this. And if transport is a problem, we can help to fund a monthly bus pass so that you can come to us.
- These are informal sessions with a Peer education style, offering sessions such as:
- Arts and Crafts and Messy Play with your children
- Sleeping, Weaning and Potty Training advice
- Behaviour Management
- Healthy Eating and Cooking sessions funded by Your Shire, Leicester County Council
- Diploma in skills for employment and furtherlearning
- Computer use, for CV building, emails and Benefits. PCs funded by Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland community Foundation
- We also link with other local professionals for advice and support where relevant.
- And many more!