SUPPORT & LEARNING FOR TEEN PARENTS
A flexible, user-led approach to learning for young people and their families.
We understand that being a young parent can be a challenge at times, but you are not alone! It’s hugely beneficial to get together with other young parents in an informal learning environment so that you can share experiences and learn new skills.
Our well-equipped training centre has on-site childcare, to offer peace of mind whilst you learn with us you can be sure that your little one(s) are safe and Happy close-by.
We offer a range of learning opportunities, we’re flexible and relaxed in our style and if you’re a parent under the age of 20 you can access free childcare while you learn via student bursary support. We can help you to apply for this. And if transport is a problem, we can offer a monthly travel allowance to ensure there are no barriers to attending, we also are able to offer the services of a qualified experienced therapist free of charge.
We offer informal practical parenting courses and A.I.M accredited courses too.
- These are usually informal sessions with a user led approach, offering sessions such as:
- Arts and Crafts and Messy Play with your children
- Sleeping, Weaning and Potty Training advice
- Behaviour Management
- Healthy Cook and Eat sessions
- Diploma’s one and two in Empoyability Skills.
- Access to computers/printers and IT support, for CV building, emails and Benefits. PC’s were funded by Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland community Foundation
- We also link with other local professionals for advice, support and signposting wherever relevant.
- And much more!